Abstract Submission Process
***Abstract submission is now closed.***
Undergraduate students who wish to present their faculty-mentored research or scholarly/creative activity at SCCUR must complete the Abstract Submission Form. Completion of this form is due no later than Friday, October 2, 2009. The form asks for the following:
- the number of undergraduate presenters/authors and faculty mentors associated with the presentation (please note that in the case of group projects or presentations, only one submission per project is needed);
- contact information for presenters and mentors;
- the presentation’s title and certification that the abstract has been approved by a mentor;
- the project’s abstract (see How to Prepare an Abstract);
- the disciplinary area in which the research was done, and certification that the work has (if appropriate) been approved by institutional oversight boards and committees, and;
A system message will be sent to the presenter if the submission was successful.
Once the deadline for submission has passed, the review process will start. All abstracts will be read by professional reviewers (faculty in the appropriate disciplines) who will accept or reject.
The results of reviews will be sent to student presenters and faculty mentors as soon as possible, but no later than Sunday, November 1, 2009. Notifications of final decisions will be sent by e-mail. Presenters and mentors will also be reminded to register for the conference at this time. They will also be informed which presentation type (see Types of Presentations) they must prepare.