Each student eligible to register will receive an email from the Office of Admissions and Records that provides important registration information. Please log into MyCSUDH to see:
- Registration appointment date and time
- Advising holds for students required to seek advising prior to registration
- Other holds preventing registration
It is very important to review all the information, to take the appropriate action to correct inaccurate information, and to seek advising or clear other holds several working days prior to your registration appointment date and time.
Please note that failure to apply for admission or register by the published deadlines in the previous semester may result in not receiving a Registration Appointment.
Prepare to Register
Use the following checklist to prepare to register for classes. Not all items may apply to you, but those that do will help you to register in the most efficient way.
- Username - This is your campus identification user name. You will need it to log into my.csudh.edu. This can be found in your Admissions letter or obtained at MyCSUDH.
- Password – This is your password that is needed to access your MyCSUDH account. New admits will be issued a password.
- Enrollment Appointment - You may view your registration appointment by logging into your MyCSUDH account and going to Student Center. The Student Center provides your registration time and date, "hold" information and a checklist of outstanding items that must be completed for new admits.
- Holds - Clear any holds listed on the Student Center page under "Hold".
Select our Classes
- View Classes - You may view the Fall 2012 Class Schedule from the document on the website. You may also check for classes by going to MyCSUDH and using the "Class Search" option.
- Check Your Major - Some classes are restricted to students in certain majors.
- Requisites - Many classes require that you meet certain requisites before you are allowed to enroll. They may require department consent, a certain test score on your EPT/ELM, a prerequisite(s) to the class, or to be a certain class level before you can take the class. If you have met these requisites here at CSUDH, you should have no problem enrolling in the class. If you have met these requisites at another institution or have not met the requisites at all, you should contact the department.
- Department Consent Required - Some classes require department consent before you can enroll. If consent is given, the department will issue you a Permission Number to enroll in the class. If the class requires department consent, "Department Consent Required" will be noted under the "Enrollment Information" section of Class Search.
Have alternates in mind in case your class is cancelled or fills quickly. You may add yourself to a waitlist if a class is full (see Waitlist Procedures and Waitlist Conditions for more details). You may register for up to 16 units during registration without approval. You cannot exceed the maximum units until the Late Registration/Change of Program period, and you must obtain approval from your advisor to exceed 16 units. Graduating seniors who need to enroll for 17 or 18 units must obtain an advisor approval on the Change of Program form and submit it to the office of Admissions and Records to have the restriction lifted. No other exceptions will be granted for individual students.
- Register at MyCSUDH as soon as possible on or after your enrollment appointment date and time. The system is available as follows:
April 23, 2012 to August 24, 2012
Monday - Saturday: 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 midnight.
Sunday - Not available
- Waitlist - If a class is full (you will see a blue square which indicates the class is full) you may place yourself on the waitlist as long as the waitlist has openings. Follow the waitlist procedures below. An orange triangle indicates a waitlist exists.
Pay Your Fees
- Fee Payment - Complete the registration process. Your fees are due as follows:
If you register April 23, 2012 to June 27, 2012, your fees are due June 28, 2012. You will not receive a bill. You may check your fees at MyCSUDH.
If you register June 28, 2012 to September 15, 2012, your fees are due 48 hours after registration. You will not receive a bill. You may check your fees at MyCSUDH.
- There Are Three Ways To Pay - You may pay online, in person, or by mail. To pay online, go to ToroPay at MyCSUDH. To pay in person, go to the Cashier's Office located in WH B270. To pay by mail, payment must be received in Student Financial Services Cashiers Office by the due date(s) as noted above. A postmark does not establish the payment date.