- Students are seen both by appointment and on a walk-in basis, Monday thru Thursday, 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. and Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Students are now able to schedule 1/2 hour appointments to meet with an academic advisor, Monday - Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Walk-in appointments are still available from 2:00 p.m. to closing.
- New freshmen, Admission Exceptions, Special Admits, Undeclared majors and Credit for Prior Learning students should contact the University Advisement Center, WH A220 or phone (310) 243-3538. Students with General Education advising needs, unresolved advising problems, or those experiencing academic difficulty should also contact the University Advisement Center.
- Special majors/minors and Graduate students should contact the Office of Academic Programs in WH D440 or phone (310) 243-3308.
- For information on majors and minors, students should contact their major/minor department. Please see Academic Program Major Advising Information for program locations and phone numbers.
* College of Business Administration and Public Policy majors/minors should contact the CBAPP Advisement Center, SBS C319, phone (310) 243-3561.
* College of Health, Human Services and Nursing majors and Bachelor of Science in Nursing students should contact the CAS Student Center at (800) 344-5484 or (310) 243-2120, WH C300.
- Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) students must contact the EOP Office, WH D350, phone (310) 243-3632.
- Students in special programs should contact that program.
Second Baccalaureate Degree Students
Students should contact the University Advisement Center for General Education advising and seek major advising at their department. Please see Academic Program Major Advising Information for program locations and phone numbers.
Unclassified Post-Baccalaureate Students
Unclassified post-baccalaureate students are those who possess a bachelor’s degree, but are not currently admitted to a graduate, certificate or credential program. Contact the Office of Academic Programs, WH D440, phone (310) 243-3693, for subject and degree advice. Contact academic departments for course and major advisement. Please see Academic Program Major Advising Information for program locations and program phone numbers. We strongly recommend all unclassified post-baccalaureate students move towards entry into an academic program.
Teaching Credential Students
Students should contact the Division of Teacher Education, COE 1401. Phone (310) 243-3496 for advisement.
Certificate Program Students
Students should contact the appropriate program/office for advisement. Please see Academic Program Major Advising Information for program locations and phone numbers.
Graduate Students are those who have been accepted into a master’s degree program. Contact the specific academic department for advisement. M.A. and M.S. Interdisciplinary Studies (Special Major students) should contact the Graduate Studies Office in WH D440 or phone (310) 243-3693.
Graduate students who need to maintain continuous attendance and who are not enrolled in any regular courses should enroll in the one-unit 600 course offered by their department. Contact the program coordinator if there are any questions. Students in the HUX and MSQA programs enroll in the 600 course offered by Special Sessions. To enroll in this course, contact Extended and International Education in EE1100, phone (310) 243-3741.
Undergraduate students are permitted a semester off which does not interrupt their "continuous attendance" status. Also, students in good academic standing may apply for a Planned Educational Leave, which does not interrupt “continuous attendance.” Students who fail to maintain “continuous attendance” must reapply to the University and will then be subject to all new university and program requirements.