Summer Sessions 2013
Each student eligible to register will receive an email from the Office of Admissions and Records that provides important registration information. Please log into MyCSUDH to see:
Advising holds for students required to seek advising prior to registration
Other holds preventing registration
It is very important to review all the information, to take the appropriate action to correct inaccurate information, and to seek advising or clear other holds several working days prior to your registration appointment date and time.
Please note that failure to apply for admission or register by the published deadlines in the previous semester may result in not receiving a Registration Appointment.
Prepare to Register
Use the following checklist to prepare to register for classes. Not all items may apply to you, but those that do will help you to register in the most efficient way.
Username - This is your campus identification user name. You will need it to log into my.csudh.edu. This can be found in your Admissions letter or obtained at MyCSUDH.
Password - A password that is needed to access your MyCSUDH account. New admits will be issued a password.
Holds - Clear any holds listed on the Student Center page under "Hold".
Select Your Classes
- View Classes - You maycheck for classes by going to MyCSUDH and using the "Class Search" option.
- Check Your Major - Some classes are restricted to students in certain majors.
- Requisites - Many classes require that you meet certain requisites before you are allowed to enroll. They may require department consent, a certain test score on your EPT/ELM, a prerequisite(s) to the class, or to be a certain class level before you can take the class. If you have met these requisites here at CSUDH, you should have no problem enrolling in the class. If you have met these requisites at another institution or have not met the requisites at all, you should contact the department.
- Department Consent Required - Some classes require department consent before you can enroll. If consent is given, the department will issue you a Permission Number to enroll in the class. If the class requires department consent, "Department Consent Required" will be noted under the "Enrollment Information" section of Class Search.
Have alternates in mind in case your class is cancelled or fills quickly. You may add yourself to a waitlist if a class is full (see Waitlist Procedures and Waitlist Conditions for more details). You may register for up to 12 units during registration without approval. You cannot exceed the maximum units until the Late Registration/Change of Program period, and you must obtain approval from your advisor to exceed 12 units. If you wish to exceed 18 units, you must also obtain the approval of the dean of your major.
- Register at MyCSUDH as soon as possible. The system is available as follows:
Summer Session 1 and Regular Summer Session
March 25, 2013 to May 31, 2013
Monday - Saturday: 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 midnight
Sunday – May not be available
Summer Session 2
March 25, 2013 to July 12, 2013
Monday - Saturday: 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 midnight
Sunday - May not be available
- Waitlist - If a class is full (you will see a blue square which indicates the class is full) you may place yourself on the waitlist as long as the waitlist has openings. A yellow triangle indicates a waitlist exists.
Pay Your Fees
- Fee Payment - If you register your fees are due at the time of registration. You will not receive a bill. You may check your fees at MyCSUDH. To confirm your fees, please be sure to click on “Account Inquiry”, then go to the “Make a Payment” page, and select “Summer 2013”.
- Fees may be paid three ways: online, in person, or by mail. Acceptable methods of payment are check, money order, or credit card (Visa, Discover, or MasterCard).
To pay online, go to ToroPay at MyCSUDH; Fees MUST be paid at the time of registration. After adding a course, be sure to click on “Account Inquiry” first, then go to the “Make a Payment” page, select “Summer 2013” and pay with VISA, MasterCard, or Discover Card.
- To pay in person, visit the College of Extended & International Registration office, EE1100) Office Hours:
M-Th 8a.m. - 8p.m.; Friday 8a.m. - 5p.m.; Saturday 8a.m. - 1:30p.m.
- Mail (check only) payment to:
College of Extended and International Education
1000 East Victoria Street
Carson, CA 90747
Monday - Thursday
8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
8:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Students whose checks are returned by their bank are subject to disenrollment. Dishonored checks that are not paid may be sent to the L.A. District Attorney.