Graduation Writing Exam (GWE)
The GWE is one of the ways to satisfy the Graduation Writing Assessment Requirement (GWAR). Registration for the on-campus GWE is now on-line only. Please see below for the upcoming test schedule and link to the registration site. There will be two test preparation workshops offered the weekend prior to each on-campus test date. The workshops are usually scheduled for Friday evenings and Saturday mornings. You may register for one of these workshops when you register for the exam. Please contact the CSUDH Testing Office for additional registration information.
- Tips for taking the GWE: Powerpoint Presentation (156kb)
- Graduation Writing Assessment Requirement (GWAR) and Graduation Writing Examination (GWE) Handbook (185k) is available for download in Word version.
- To view documents, MS Word required and PowerPoint required.
Here are the steps for online GWE registration:
- Register and pay for an available test.
- Download your ticket and map to the test meeting point.
- An email will be sent to you containing a workshop authorization number that will allow you to register for a workshop. This email contains a link to the site where you may also download your ticket and map if you haven’t done so already.
- Register for one of the test preparation workshop (optional and free). These workshops will include:
- Examination of sample test questions
- Explanation of common student test errors
- Review of test taking strategies
- Description of test scoring procedures
- Discussion of what the test readers are looking for
There is a Student Handbook that you may download at any time. There is no charge or code required for this download.