As in-house consultants to the campus community, the work of Web Communications consists of Web site design for various campus entities. Clients include colleges, academic departments, administrative and student services offices, and university programs and events.
The office works in varying degrees of partnership with clients; some clients have their own Web design team and require only minimal assistance with scripting or templates, while others need a full range of services available.
- Manages and develops the top-level pages of the CSUDH Web site
- Provides guidance in designing and developing Web pages for colleges and administrative offices
- Designs and posts content and promotional banners on the home page
- Approves departmental requests for space on the university’s main server and uploading of Web sites
- Performs research and analysis such as site reviews, usability testing, online surveys, and Web traffic analysis
- Provides training in site maintenance, accessible technology, and university Web templates
- Maintains and disseminates university Web standards
- Explores new and changing Web-related technologies
Web Communications also leads and oversees the activities of the University’s Web Access Management (WAM) Tech Group.
Web Site Content
University Communications maintains the content of the top-level pages of the university’s Web site. We also assist with planning and editing all university Web pages, and in assuring that design, branding, messages and tone are consistent throughout the CSUDH Web site. If you have questions or suggestions regarding top-level university Web pages, contact Brenda Knepper or Shon Lee.
The Web Access Management site serves as the central hub of communication and resources for all CSUDH Web administrators. Any staff involved with contributing to the CSUDH Web site should become familiar with the information provided on the site. Resources include:
- CSUDH Web Accessibility Guidelines
- CSUDH Web Style Guide
- University Web Standard (UWS) Templates and Guidelines
- Web Training Resources
University Web Manager
Email Shon Lee or call 243-3268
Director of University Communications
and Public Affairs
Email Brenda Knepper or call 243-2100