About The University Web Manager
The duties of the University Web Manager include:
- Manage the Office of Web Communications which supports the various division, college, department, and office web administrators on campus.
- Overee and maintain the University Web Standard (UWS) for content and design of all official university web sites. Facilitates the evolution of the University Web Standard to meet growing needs and develops web Best Practices and guidlines.
- Chair the WAM Tech and Steering committees. Committee members are designated by the University President and address campus web issues and policies.
- Serves as a liaison to the University Webmaster and staff in the unit of Information Technology.
- Serves as the campus lead for web accessibility of the CSU Accessible Technology Initiative (ATI) as articled in Executive Order 926 (EO 926) , the CSU Board of Trustees Policy on Disability Support and Accommodations. Works with the campus accessibility officer(s) to ensure adherence to Section 508 and ADA compliance web standards.
- Research the appropriate integration of the World Wide Web into the University's organizational practice and daily life by investigating and promoting innovative growth and development of the campus website.
- Organize and coordinate training for campus web administrators.
- Manage the campus enterprise Web Content Management System (WCMS).