Reporting to CARE

Reporting to CARE

How to Report?

You can refer a student to the CARE Team by submitting a report through our secure online form.

If this is an emergency, please call 9-1-1.

When to Report to CARE

See Something, Say Something, Do Something

If you have concerns and are wondering, "Whom should I tell about this?" the CARE Team is available to consult and help plan interventions when necessary. We have a multidisciplinary team to help analyze and direct resources as necessary. However, if you feel there is a chance for imminent harm, contact the University Police Department at 9-1-1.

The following behaviors, especially when more than one are present, may be signs that a student is in distress:

  • Significant change in appearance, mood, and/or social functioning
  • Behavior that creates a disruptive or hostile environment
  • Actions that potentially endanger the safety of any member of the CSUDH community
  • Behavior that impacts one's ability to function appropriately and successfully on campus
  • A sense that someone is struggling or that something is wrong