Course Planning Advisement

Please visit the CHHSN Advising website for all academic advisement in the Child Development Major. 

CHHSN Advising provides assistance with:

  • Catalog Year
  • Change of Major/Minor 
  • Request for Change of Graduation 
  • Exceeding Max units-Summer (Extended Education Form- completed by the advisor)
  • Late Graduation Application 
  • Reactivation to Graduation
  • SAP Appeals
  • Planning your path to graduation
  • Community college articulation for Child Development courses
  • Degree progress
  • Probation and disqualification advising
  • Electives and concentration advisement
  • Filing for graduation

All Child Development majors are required to meet with their major advisor to review the requirements and to map out a plan to complete the coursework.

  • Entering Freshmen need to schedule this meeting during their sophomore year before they move on to the foundational level coursework in their junior year. In their first two years in residence, students should ensure they are on track to complete their introductory level Child Development coursework around the same time they complete their lower-division general education requirements. 
  • Transfer students should meet their major advisor before or during their first semester in residency to develop a degree progress plan. 

Students are encouraged to meet with their advisor regularly to review their pathway to graduation. Advising holds (AH) are placed upon completion of 30, 60, and 90 units of coursework to ensure progress.

Applying for Graduation

Students should make an appointment to see an advisor well in advance of their graduation filing deadline. Students who wait until the last minute to schedule an appointment face the possibility of not getting an appointment before the filing deadline.

Below are the Application Filing Periods when applying for graduation. Failure to apply in accordance with the schedule below could delay your degree past your intended graduation date. There are additional fees for applying after the regular deadline.

Degree Conferral TermRegular DeadlineLate Deadline with Late Fee
Fall SemesterJuly 1September 15
Spring SemesterOctober 1Last day of fall semester
Summer SessionFebruary 1April 15

Please note that if the above dates fall on a weekend or holiday, the deadline will be the previous working day.

For information regarding Graduation, please visit the following website: