petition for exception policy

Students may petition for exception to certain university academic regulations when serious and compelling reasons exist. It should be noted, however, that academic regulations contained in Title 5, California Administrative Code, cannot be waived by petition.

Before filing a petition, students must first speak with the designated representatives in the College associated with their request. Only in cases where no alternate means of resolution is available should a student then file a petition. To do so, a fee must be paid. Requests must be stated clearly and accompanied by supporting documentation. Students are notified of decisions by U.S. Mail at the address on file with the University.