Graduation Questions

How many units do I need to graduate?

You will need a minimum of 120 semester units to graduate.  However, you may end up with more units in order to complete all your General Education and Liberal Studies requirements.

Back to top

What does it mean to "file for graduation"?  When should I do it?

It means you will need to fill out an application to graduate, have an LBS advisor sign the application, and pay a fee at the cashier's window.  See the Liberal Studies web page related to graduation for information on filing dates and procedures.

Back to top

I was not a good student at the community college, but I've turned my life around since coming to CSUDH.  Are there any honors I can still receive at graduation?

Yes, you may still qualify for "Honors in the Major" if you have a 3.5 GPA in your upper division coursework.  See the page related to graduation for more information.

Back to top