Returning to CSUDH

Returning to CSUDH


Undergraduate students who have been absent for two semesters or more prior to the semester of return must apply for readmission, unless approved for and participating in the Planned Educational Leave Program.

Graduate students must reapply if they are absent for one term:

Returning students who have not maintained continuing student status or been approved for the Planned Educational Leave Program will lose their catalog rights and will be subject to all requirements and regulations in the catalog of the year they are readmitted.

Former Students in Good Standing

A student who left the University in good standing will be readmitted, provided any academic work attempted elsewhere does not change his/her scholastic status. Transcripts of any work attempted in the interim are required.

Former Students on Probation

A student on probation at the close of the last semester of enrollment may be readmitted on probation provided he/she is otherwise eligible. The student must have official transcripts of any college work attempted during their absence sent to the University.

Readmission of Disqualified Students

The University normally will not consider a student for readmission until the student has not attended for one semester and until he/she has fulfilled all recommended conditions. In every instance, readmission action is based upon evidence that the causes of previous low achievement have been removed. The evidence includes transcripts of work completed elsewhere subsequent to disqualification and other objective evidence. Formerly disqualified undergraduate students who are interested in being reinstated should contact the University Advisement Center at (310) 243-3538 for information regarding the process for readmission as an undergraduate student at CSUDH.


Students who attend another institution during any absence from CSUDH must have official transcripts of any college work attempted during their absence sent to the University. Electronic transcripts are preferred.

How do I reapply?

Students interested in reapplying should visit Cal State Apply.