Financial Assistance Options

Distance Learning Aid | NCRP Scholarships | Graduate Studies Funding Opportunities | Student Loans

There are several financial assistance options available for students completing their graduate degree in Negotiation, Conflict Resolution & Peacebuilding. 

Distance Learning Aid

As a distance learning student through the online master's program, you will not be eligible for federal or state grants. Rather, you are considered eligible for a federal unsubsidized loan only. 

The Financial Aid Office determines your eligibility for aid based on the information provided on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).  

To apply, visit FAFSA online:   

Those eligible may borrow through the William D. Ford Deferral Direct Loan program. 

For further information, visit:

NCRP Scholarships

Deborah Thomas Memorial Fund (NCRP)

This fund supports students seeking to pursue careers in Dispute Resolution and Peacebuilding. It supports scholarship and education in the field of Negotiation, Conflict Resolution, and Peacebuilding (NCRP). 

Award: Varies 


  • Must be enrolled in 12 Units or more within the NCRP Program
  • Achieve and Maintain at least a 3.0 GPA

To apply, visit:
(Search keyword: NCRP) 

Also, check out your professional organizations to see what scholarship options are available. 

Graduate Studies Funding Opportunities

Graduate Equity Fellowship  

Graduate Equity Fellowship (GEF) program at CSUDH seeks to increase diversity of students completing graduate degree programs, encourage further study in doctoral programs, and promote consideration of university faculty careers. 

The program is designed to do so by providing financial support to graduate students with strong academic records. Fellowships range from $500 to $4,500 for the academic year. The maximum grant period for any student is two years. 

For complete details and to apply, view the GEF Application Checklist:  

Graduate Research Advancement & Development

Graduate Research Advancement & Development (GRAD) supports graduate students in their professional and academic development outside of the classroom in both research and creative activities. 

For complete details and to apply, view the eligibility and GRAD Application:

For a complete list of funding opportunities for graduate studies, visit:

Student Loans 

Private student loans are available through Sallie Mae and other student loan services: