How to Report a Crime

Clery Incident Reporting Form

If there is an emergency or there is an immediate threat, please contact the University Police immediately 911 (from any on-campus phone) or (310) 243-3333 (from cellular phones). In an emergency, you can also push the TALK button on the red Emergency Call Towers located on campus, which will connect you directly to University Police dispatch. Non-Emergency: (310) 243-3639.


California State University encourages all members of the campus communities to contact UPD when they have been the victim of or have witnessed criminal actions. The Clery Act requires certain individuals that are designated as Campus Security Authorities (CSAs) to promptly report allegations of Clery qualifying crimes that occur within a campus Clery Geography reported to them for inclusion in the Annual Security Report.

Clery crimes can be directly reported to the Clery director using the Clery Incident Reporting Form .

Core CSA Reporting Process 

Regular CSA Reporting Process 

Questions? For any questions concerning the Clery Act and reporting, please contact Risk Management at