Registration Eligibility


You are considered a continuing student if you:

  1. are an undergraduate student who attended CSUDH as a matriculated student in the Spring 2024 or Fall 2023 semester;
  2. are a graduate student who attended CSUDH as a matriculated student in the Spring 2024 semester?
  3. have not attended another academic institution since attending CSUDH; and
  4. have not applied to graduate from CSUDH in the Spring 2024.


You are a new student if you have not attended CSUDH previously. You are a returning student if you:

  • are an undergraduate student and have not enrolled for two or more semesters;
  • are a graduate student and have not enrolled for one semester;
  • attended another academic institution since last attending CSUDH; or
  • graduated from CSUDH and chose to begin post-graduate studies. Returning students must reapply for admission.


Failure to pay registration fees will result in cancellation of your application and you will be required to reapply for any subsequent term by the published deadlines.


The international “hold” will be placed on international students who do not enroll full-time. A hold will be placed on students who did not submit their passport number and/or current address to their office or who fail to provide proof of health insurance coverage prior to registration.


Health/medical coverage will include $250,000 maximum aggregate benefits per injury or illness and repatriation/medical evacuation to the student’s home country. The term of coverage must run from January 2025 through January 2026. Questions may be directed to (310) 243-2215.

A non-resident student who is a citizen and resident of a foreign country may pay the required non-resident tuition fee on an installment basis (this includes a 7% service charge). Prior arrangements must be made, and payment must be in three monthly equal installments. For more information refer to our web site at MyCSUDH.


Undergraduate students enrolled at CSUDH may enroll, without formal admission and without payment of additional tuition fees, in one transferable course each academic term at participating campuses of the University of California or California Community Colleges, on a space available basis, for $10.00.

A CSUDH student must meet all of the following conditions to enroll at a University of California or Community College Campus:

  • Must be an undergraduate.
  • Must be enrolled in at least 6 units at CSUDH during the semester of Cross Enrollment and show proof of payment of registration fees.
  • Must be a California resident.
  • Must have completed at least 12 units with a GPA of at least 2.0.
  • The course (which must be transferable) must be preapproved by the University Advisement Center prior to submitting your application to the host campus for processing.

A University of California or California Community College student coming to CSUDH must meet the following conditions:

  • Must have completed at least one term at the home campus as a matriculated student.
  • Must be enrolled at the home campus in at least 6 units during the term of Cross Enrollment.
  • Must have a GPA of 2.0 for work completed.
  • Must have paid appropriate tuition and fees at the home campus for the current term.
  • Must have completed appropriate academic preparation as determined by the appropriate college's Student Success Centers.
  • Must provide an official transcript and Cross Enrollment Application to the University Advisement Center.
  • Must be a California resident.
  • Other conditions as specified on the Cross Enrollment form pertaining to registration procedures, deadlines, and priorities of the host campus.


If you are 18 years of age or older, you may apply through the College of Continuing and Professional Education to enroll in courses without being officially admitted to the University. Matriculated students, eligible to enroll as regular students, may not enroll in courses through Open University.