Transfer Credit

CSUDH grants transfer credit for baccalaureate level courses successfully completed at other regionally accredited colleges and universities.  This credit is subject to policy limits; approved coursework will be applied toward the fulfillment of the undergraduate degree requirements.

Upper-division credit will not be granted for courses taken at a community college. A maximum of 70 semester units (105 quarter units) from a community college may be applied toward your degree at CSUDH. Subject credit will still be awarded for all transferable courses above the 70 semester units. 

Students who have, or are, attending a public California college or university can use ASSIST to determine which courses are transferable to the institution. CSUDH offers general education, major and department courses equivalencies.

Out of state college and university coursework will be evaluated on a course-by-course basis. Credit will be granted to courses considered equivalent to those offered at CSUDH.

For questions concerning Military Experience credit please visit our Veterans Services Admissions FAQ.

Transfer Credit from a Four Year, Out of State, or a Private Institution

All courses, except remedial, graduate, and professional level, are accepted for elective credit from regionally accredited institutions awarding four-year degrees.

When petitioning for specific coursework please consult your academic advisor or review the current University Catalog. A transfer credit evaluation will be conducted when all official transcripts are submitted, an admissions decision has been reached, and your intent to enroll has been submitted. In addition to elective units, subject credit such as GE requirements and course equivalency may be awarded for courses taken at regionally accredited institutions in the United States and at overseas institutions that have obtained regional accreditation.

International Credit

If you wish to receive transfer credit towards your undergraduate degree for coursework taken at an institution outside of the United States you must submit official documents from the institutions attended. Once all required documents are received, we will evaluate the coursework and the results will be posted to your Academic Advisement Report.

Military Credit

Six semester units of elective credit are allowed toward graduation for any student submitting evidence of satisfactory completion of basic training in the U.S. Military. CSUDH requires the DD-214 (form 4) to extend credit. In addition academic credit will be awarded for transferable coursework taken at one of the regionally accredited U.S. Military academies upon receipt of official transcripts.


Articulation System Stimulating Interinstitutional Student Transfer or ASSIST is an online student-transfer information system that shows how course credits earned at one public California Community College or university can be applied when transferred to another. ASSIST is the official repository of articulation for California’s public colleges and universities and provides the most accurate and up-to-date information about the student’s transfer-ability in California. 

For assistance with articulation agreements from, California community colleges or universities visit ASSIST.

Test Credits

Students who are eligible to receive academic credit based on the results of Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB), or College Level Examination Program (CLEP), must have their official test scores sent directly to CSUDH in order to receive transfer credit. Note: test credit granted by another institution does not automatically transfer to CSUDH.

Advanced Placement (AP) Exams

CSU Dominguez Hills grants credit for AP exams which were successfully completed though the College Board AP Program with a passing score of a 3 or higher. For more information regarding acceptable AP exams please review the current University Catalog

International Baccalaureate (IB) Program

Students who have participated in the International Baccalaureate Program are encouraged to submit their test scores to CSUDH. Scores of 4 or higher may be granted credit towards their undergraduate degree. For more information regarding the IB program exams please review the current University Catalog.

College Level Examination Program (CLEP)

CSU Dominguez Hills grants credit to some CLEP exams. For more information regarding acceptable exams and scores please review the current University Catalog.

Associate’s Degree for Transfer (SB-1440)  

The California State University and the California community college systems have collaborated under the Student Transfer Achievement Reform Act (Senate Bill 1440) to create the Associate of Arts for Transfer (AA-T) and the Associate of Science for Transfer (AS-T) degree programs. The collaboration allows students who complete an Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT) to satisfy lower division general education and major requirements determined by the community college in order to create a clear pathway to transfer into a CSU. Upon completion of the ADT, students are eligible to transfer into the CSU system with junior standing and within the same major as their ADT degree. If you are interested in pursuing an AS-T or AA-T degree, please meet with your current academic advisor or visit the Associate Degree for Transfer website.

Viewing My Transfer Credit

Transfer credit can be viewed through Click on the Academic Requirement Report once you have logged into your account. For instructions on how to log in click here!