Student Emergency Housing & Well-Being Assistance

Short-Term Emergency Housing

  • The Short-Term Emergency Housing Assistance Program provides students who are experiencing housing insecurities and housing displacement with temporary University Housing Services to ensure the students' safety and time to acquire permanent and secure housing. The short-term emergency housing is for up to 10 days at no cost from the student. Pending space availability.
    • If you would like to apply for short-term emergency housing, please fill out the “Student Self-Referral form” and the Basic Needs Coordinator will be in touch with you within 1-2 days.
    • Form:
    • If you have questions or would like to follow up, please contact the Basic Needs Coordinator at (310) 243-3349
  • PATH (People Assisting the Homeless)
    • The South Bay Cities Council of Governments has partnered with PATH to reach out to people living on the streets, link them to services, and help them move off the streets and into permanent homes.

If you need to speak to someone right away, dial 211. This will put you in contact with a county worker who will provide assistance with emergency shelter, groceries, transitional shelter/housing, and more.

Faculty and Staff Referral Form

  • When to refer a student?
    • Is the student experiencing an emergency or crisis?
      • Was the situation unforeseen? Is it temporary?
    • If the student is struggling from the loss of employment, has the loss gone beyond financial difficulties to an emergency or crisis such as homelessness or food insecurity?
    • Is the student currently displaced, or at risk of being displaced, from stable housing? (i.e. couch surfing)
    • If you answered YES to any of the above questions, you should fill out the faculty and staff referral form below.
    • Link:

Well-Being Assistance

If you are experiencing any health or mental health challenges, visit Student Health and Psychological Services at