rel="stylesheet" href="/Assets/csudh-sites/it/js/accordion-search.css">


The Office of Admissions is open Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. However, we will continue to meet your needs virtually and we can assist you by phone, email, or zoom.

For assistance, please email In your email, please provide your first and last name, CSUDH ID number, phone number, and your questions.

Frequently Asked Questions

Admissions & Recruitment  

What are your office hours?

The Office of Admissions is open Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. We are located in Welch Hall 290.

What is an official transcript?

Official transcripts are sent electronically by the institution. An official electronic transcript or E-Transcript is delivered directly to the Admissions office electronically by your high school or colleges(s).

Can you check if my transcript(s) have been received?

Transcripts are processed on a daily basis. Please allow up to two weeks for processing and continue to check your My.CSUDH portal for updates. The transcript(s) will be removed from your To Do List as soon as it has been processed by the Admissions office. If the transcript(s) is still on your To Do List for two weeks after you have confirmed it's been sent from the high school or college(s), email to inquire.

When is the final transcript(s) deadline?

The deadline to submit official transcripts is July 15, 2023 for First-Time, First Year students.

The deadline to submit official transcripts is June 30, 2023 for Transfer students.

I am unable to send an official transcript, because I owe money at my previous institution, will you accept an unofficial transcript?

No, we cannot accept unofficial transcripts. We require official transcripts from all institutions attended whether the courses are transferrable or not.

Do you accept electronic transcripts?

Yes, we only accept official electronic transcripts and no longer accept paper transcripts. Please contact your institution(s) for transcript delivery instructions. Official transcripts can be ordered through the registrar's office at your high school or college(s).

Where can I mail my officially sealed paper transcripts?

We only accept official electronic transcripts and no longer accept paper transcripts. All transcripts must be delivered directly to the Admissions office electronically by your high school or colleges(s).

I completed all my general education courses at one community college, why do I need to submit transcripts from other colleges I've attended?

Official transcripts must be submitted from all institutions attended, whether the courses are transferable or not.

The deadline to submit official transcripts is July 15, 2023 for First-Time, First Year students.

The deadline to submit official transcripts is June 30, 2023 for Transfers students.

Do I need to submit my AP scores?

Yes, all official AP scores should be submitted, regardless of the score. Please visit and order your scores to be sent to CSUDH. Please note, it takes about 4-6 weeks for the scores to be officially sent.

Advanced placement (A.P.) and honors courses will continue to earn extra GPA points for up to eight semesters of approved honors level, International Baccalaureate (I.B.) and Advanced Placement (A.P.) courses taken in the last three years of high school: A=5 points, B=4 points, C=3 points. No more than two approved honors level courses taken in the 10th grade may be given extra points.

How do I withdraw my admissions application?

Please send an email to the with your full name, CSUDH student ID number, and requesting to withdraw your admissions application.

What is the deadline to submit the Intent to Enroll Deposit?

Fall 2023 undergraduate admitted applicants must submit the $125 non-refundable Intent to Enroll deposit by May 1, 2023. Please note the Intent to Enroll Deposit and reservation payment for New Student Orientation are required before applying for housing.

How much is the Intent to Enroll Deposit?

The Intent to Enroll Deposit is $125. 

My residency status on is incorrect. Who do I contact if I have any questions about residency classification?

Please visit for information on residency. If you have further questions or need clarification, please send an email to with the subject line "Residency Question". You will be contacted within 1-2 business days.

I’ve been denied, can you please re-evaluate my file?

Undergraduate: You may submit an admissions appeal to have your file reevaluated. Admission Appeal Instructions are available online at: Admission Appeals 

Graduate: Please contact the Academic Program Coordinator at studies/degree-programs

Would you accept a handwritten admissions appeal or do I type it?

You have the option of handwriting or typing a letter. If you choose to write one, please make sure it is legible.

What are my chances of the admissions appeal getting approved?

There is no guarantee that an appeal will be approved. However, every appeal receives full consideration.

When will I know the decision of my admissions appeal?

It takes two weeks for an appeal to be reviewed. You can also check your Campus Account at regularly to check your admission status. You will also receive a email with the decision of your appeal.

Do I have to register for New Student Orientation (NSO)?

Yes, New Student Orientation is a mandatory Enrollment requirement – no exceptions. The registration deadline is May 1, 2023. You must first submit your Intent to Enroll deposit and then register for NSO.

I attended Toro Admit Day, does that count as my New Student Orientation?

No, Toro Admit Day is a day for newly admitted students to engage with the campus and our students and faculty. New Student Orientation is a mandatory enrollment requirement.

When will I receive academic advising and when do I register for Fall 2023 classes?

All newly admitted students register during New Student Orientation (NSO). Students will be provided with guidance on which courses to register for and how to register during NSO. It is extremely important you submit official transcripts as soon as you complete the Spring 2022 semester in order to ensure you register for appropriate courses.

Will New Student Orientation (NSO) be online or in person?

This year, with consideration to the current public health emergency, while we are planning for an in-person New Student Orientation for Fall 2023, CSUDH reserves the right to switch to a virtual format if necessary.

Are campus tours available?

Yes, we are hosting virtual campus tours. To register, please visit

How do I reset my password for MyCSUDH?

For assistance on resetting your password, please contact the IT Help Desk. 
Call: 310-243-2500 and select option 1.
Text: 310-243-2500. 

Helpdesk (On-site, Walk-in)
Mon. – Fri., 8:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Natural Sciences and Mathematics(NSM) C-151

I.T. Call Center Support (Remote) 
Mon. – Fri., 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Sat & Sun, 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.

Financial Aid & Scholarships

When is the 2023-2024 financial aid document deadline?

The financial aid document deadline for priority consideration is May 12, 2023. Check your To Do List on your student portal at for any requested documents. If you experience difficulty meeting this deadline, please email the Financial Aid Office at

How do I submit my financial aid documents?

All financial aid documents should be uploaded to our secured dropbox accounts. Please visit for instructions.

How will I be notified if I am eligible for financial aid?

A financial aid offer email will be sent to ToroMail, your official CSUDH email account and we will mail a paper offer letter to the mailing address listed on the student portal at A Financial Aid Guide will be included in this mailing to assist you with understanding your offer.

When will I be notified if I have been selected to receive a CSUDH University Scholarship?

Please check ToroMail, your official CSUDH email account.

Why am I not able to accept my Federal Direct Subsidized or Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan in my student portal?

At this time, the loans included in your financial aid offer will be available to accept, reduce, or decline during the summer. We will not cancel the loan offers within the 15- day deadline.

How do I accept the Federal Direct Parent Loan?

The Federal Direct Parent Loan is a loan that a parent may accept on their student’s behalf. Since the parent is the borrower, students cannot accept the loan on the student portal. The 2023-2024 Federal Direct Parent Loan Request Form will be available mid-May in the Forms section of the Financial Aid Office website. Instructions will be included on the form.

If my parent(s) or my income has been reduced because of the COVID-19, what can I do?

The Financial Aid Office will review on a case-by-case basis reduced family income. Students will need to complete and submit an Income Adjustment Appeal Form. You will be asked to provide supporting documentation. Processing will take 1-2 weeks. The form is available at

How do I contact the Financial Aid Office?

Please email or call 310-243-3691. If you have specific questions about your financial aid offer, please email, text, or call the financial aid specialist that is assigned to you

If I do not live with my parents, will I be considered as an Independent student?

No. Whether you reside with your parents or not, the federal government has specific criteria to determine your financial aid dependency status. If you are an undergraduate student who is less than 24 years old but have special circumstances, a financial aid counselor will require specific documentation and review your case on an individual basis. If you have any questions, please email or call the financial aid specialist that is assigned to you.

Ⓢ - Se Habla Espanol

Your Last Name
FA Specialist
Cell Number
Michelle Matthews
Brian Cruz 
Rhonda Posey
Marcela Vega 
Rosa Ornelas 
Are there short financial aid videos that I can watch to get more information?

Yes, we offer Financial Aid TV on our website at There you will find a variety of short videos that will assist you with many financial aid questions.

How do I sign-up for Direct Deposit?

Instructions on how to sign-up for direct deposit can be found at

Can I still apply for Financial Aid?

Yes, apply for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at or the California Dream Act Application at with CSUDH school code 001141 by March 2, 2023.

The Registrar's Office

How do I register for Fall 2023 courses?

All newly admitted students register for classes during New Student Orientation (NSO).

How can I get proof of enrollment?

Students may request an Enrollment Verification (EV) by emailing In the email, be sure to include your CSUDH student ID number and the semester for which you are requesting verification, The EV will be mailed to your address on record with the University.

I need to change my schedule. How can I add and drop classes?

If you need to make changes to your schedule, please contact your academic advisor. First-year students should contact their EOP, ETE, or UAC advisor. Transfer students should contact their major advisor. Prior to the beginning of classes and for the first three weeks of classes, you will be able to add and drop classes on MyCSUDH. Afterwards, the Change of Program form is needed. This form is available at If you have any questions, please email

What can I do in MyCSUDH?

MyCSUDH is your self-service student account for registration, financial aid information, your Smart Planner, ToroMail, and more. In MyCSUDH you can check for any holds or To Do items, find out when your registration appointment begins, run your Academic Requirements Report to monitor your degree requirements, and a number of other things that support your academic career at CSUDH.

How do I change my Major?

If you would like to change your major, please upload the Change of Undergraduate Major for Fall 2023 Admitted Students Form to Dropbox by April 1, 2023.

How do I order a student ID card?

Student ID cards will be issued at New Student Orientation (NSO).

Other Resources

I don't have a computer. Do you offer loaner computers?

Yes, students can check out free laptops and other equipment through the Technology Loaner Program. To request equipment, visit