Student ID Cards

All students are required to have a CSUDH ID. Your ID card is your official form of identification on campus. 

Current Students

  • To order a replacement ID:
    1. Pay the $5 replacement ID fee to the Cashiers office in WH 270.
    2. Take the receipt of payment to the Toro Welcome and Information Center in WH 245 to receive your replacement ID card.  

Newly Admitted Undergraduate Students

  • After you submit the intent to enroll deposit and select an orientation date, you will receive additional instructions. 

Newly Admitted Graduate Students

  • Your graduate program will email you instructions.  

Get Your ID

All new students must use the MyPhoto portal through MyCSUDH.  

  • After your photo has been approved, you may come to pick up your CSUDH student ID card at Welch Hall Room 245 Monday – Friday from 8am to 4:45pm with the exception of observed university holidays. Please do not come to pick up your ID card until you have received the approval message

Pick-Up Requirements 

  • Your ID card can only be picked up by the person on the card. 
  • To verify your identity, you must bring a state ID, passport, high school, or community college ID to pick up your CSUDH ID card. You cannot pick up the ID on behalf of any other student other than yourself.  
  • You must also be registered for at least one class for the current or upcoming semester to obtain your ID Card. 

Contact Us 

Location: Toro Welcome and Information Center – Welch Hall 245. View the interactive map
Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. 
Call: (310) 243-3645 

Frequently Asked Questions 

I can’t find my ID Card. What should I do?

Please submit a new photo and the $5 replacement fee will be charged to your student account.

Can I get more than one copy?

Students are only allowed to have one copy of their ID card. All other copies should be properly disposed. We will confiscate any inactive or invalid card presented.

What if my name changes?

Please submit the Personal Data Change Request form with documentation to the Registrar's Office Dropbox folder for general records documents. Once it’s processed, you can order a new ID card. Please note, your ID number will not change.

Do I need to update my ID every semester?

No, you will keep the same ID card until you graduate.

Can I use my card after I graduate?

ID Cards will be deactivated after graduation. 

If you reapply for another degree, you will need to purchase a new ID to reflect your new student status.

What is the replacement fee?

The ID card replacement fee is $5.00.

Who has access to my information?

Strict privacy rules govern the release of information concerning individual students. The Federal Education Rights and Privacy Act, commonly known as FERPA, makes mandatory the protection of students' privacy in regard to the educational records of current and former California State University, Dominguez Hills students. Certain information, referred to as "Directory Information", may be disclosed to individuals other than the owner of the record without prior consent.

How do I show proof of enrollment? 

To verify your enrollment, please request a free Enrollment Verification (EV) via email to In the email, include your CSUDH student ID number and the semester for which you are requesting verification, The EV will be mailed to your address on record.