Finishing Registration

When can I register?

Visit csudh.edu/registrar/registration for instructions.

How can I stay on top of all the deadlines during the semester?

Academic Calendar - The academic calendar is the official University document listing the major academic dates for the academic year.

Where can I call if I can't get into my.CSUDH.edu?

If you forgot your password or unable to access MyCSUDH, please contact the I.T. Call Center at 310-243-2500 and select option 1, or click on the Ask Teddy tab on the bottom of this page and click Connect with an Agent to receive assistance. 

I.T. Call Center Remote Support Hours
Monday – Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday: 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.

How do I clear other holds?

To remove a hold, you must contact the department that placed the hold on your account.  To view the department information, click on "details" on the hold section in your Student Center. 

Financial Holds are placed because of outstanding balances on the account. Please Contact Student Financial Services at sfs@csudh.edu or (310) 243-3780 to arrange payment.

Where can I check for available classes?

The my.CSUDH.edu portal provides the opportunity for you to check for open classes in the Student Center. Use the Search for Classes option to look for open courses, to view courses with waitlists, or to view any course modifications (all updated in real time).

What are waitlists?

Waitlists are lists containing names of students who wish to add a class. Students are not officially enrolled in the class until they have been moved from the waitlist into the class. Waitlists are created during registration when a class has filled up. Once a waitlist has formed, you cannot add yourself into the class, you can only add yourself to the waitlist. In the event of an opening, students are moved nightly from the waitlist into the class. Waitlists are available until the first day of classes.

How can I pay for my classes?

There are several ways that students can pay for classes. You can pay:

  1. In person at the Cashier's Office with cash, check, or money order only
  2. By mail with check only
  3. Online via ToroPay with electronic check or credit card only

For detailed information on making payments, installment plans, or a useful Cashier's FAQ, visit the Cashier's Office website here.

What is the deadline to pay for my classes?

The deadline to pay for classes varies, depending on the date a student registers. Also, if a student signs up for an installment payment plan, there are several deadlines to observe. Please refer to the Academic Calendar for information regarding fee due dates. See the Fees section of the Class Schedule for detailed information.

What are course fees?

Some courses have lab fees or equipment fees attached to them. These fees are mandatory if you enroll in the course. They can be identified in the Class Schedule by footnote 90 or 99.

What is the last day to add a class?

Please consult the appropriate Academic Calendar to determine the add, drop, and withdrawal dates for the appropriate term.

How can I get help with registration problems?

For assistance, please call (310) 243-3645 or email registrar@csudh.edu.


How do I apply for graduation?

Applying to graduate is done electronically. Log into your my.CSUDH.edu account. Click on the Student Center link. Find the Apply for Graduation link. Select your Expected Graduation Term. Verify that your degree information, address, and names are correct. Then click Submit! The Application for Graduation costs $90.00 if you are applying within the deadline. If you are applying during the late deadline period, an extra $15.00 fee is added to your account. Fees must be paid within 48 hours of submitting the application.    

When should I apply for graduation?

All students should apply for graduation no later than the published deadlines. Bachelor degree candidates are encouraged to apply for graduation if they have earned at least 90 semester units or have less than 10 courses to complete. 

How do I check the status of my graduation application?

Students should login to their my.CSUDH.edu to review their Academic Requirement Report. The Academic Requirement Report will indicate what the status of your graduation application is and any outstanding degree requirements you may have. If you have further questions on how to review your Academic Requirement Report, please contact your major advisor and/or university advisor.           

Why does the Graduation Evaluation show I need the courses in which I'm currently enrolled?

The Graduation Evaluation reflects all courses outstanding including those in progress. Course requirements are not met until final grades are assigned.

I received my Associates degree from a Community College. Why are you holding me for General Studies requirements?

The Associates degree is not the same thing as General Education (GE) Certification. CSUDH bachelor degree candidates must meet all CSUDH GE requirements or be GE Certified via their community college.

What is GE Certification?

GE Certification is the process in which the community college certifies that you have completed General Education according to their GE plan. This plan may differ from CSUDH's GE plan, but is accepted as meeting lower division GE requirements.

How many units/courses can I have outstanding and still graduate?


What's the difference between Commencement and Graduation?

Graduation is the completion of all degree requirements recorded on the official transcript and Academic Requirements Report. Commencement is the ceremony that celebrates the completion of a degree. Participating in Commencement does not imply that you have officially graduated with an awarded degree.

Can I go through Commencement Ceremonies and finish my courses later?

Spring Commencement Ceremonies are for those students that have graduated the previous Fall and for those who are candidates for Spring or Summer. You may attend these ceremonies if you fall into one of these groups. However, participation in Commencement Ceremonies is not the same as graduating. You will not be able to actually graduate until all of your requirements are met. If you have not completed all requirements by the end of the semester you indicated, you will have to change your date of graduation and complete a Request for Change of Graduation Date form and pay a $10.00 fee. You may obtain this form on the Downloadable Forms web page.

For information about the Commencement Ceremony please contact the Office of Ceremonies and Events by telephone at (310) 243-2666 or by email at events@csudh.edu.

Can I retake courses after I graduate to improve my GPA?

No. After you have graduated, your record is sealed. No changes will be made to academic records once the degree has been completed and conferred.

What do I need to do if I have been denied graduation?

Students are encouraged to contact their advisor to review outstanding degree requirements and then submit the Change of Graduation Date form

What if I cannot graduate in the term I've applied to graduate?

Students should file a change of graduation form.This will allow the student to register for an additional term.