Admission Criteria & Deadlines

First-Time Freshman
  • High school GPA of 2.5 or higher 
  • High school graduation certificate or exam results
    • Transcripts must show grades through the first half of your final year. Please do not send transcripts until those grades are posted to avoid having to submit multiple transcripts.
    • Students with “O” levels must provide scores for at least 5 subjects completed.
  • English requirement
Undergraduate Transfer (lower-division)

If you have college coursework, but less than 60 units, you are a lower-division transfer student.

  • High school GPA of 3.0 or higher *2.5 GPA beginning Fall 2021 admissions
  • High school graduation certificate or exam results
  • College/university GPA of 2.0 or higher
  • Mathematics passed with a C or better
  • English requirement
Undergraduate Transfer (upper-division)
  • 60 semester (90 quarter) transferable units from an accredited college/university
  • Students transferring from a California institution must have completed:
    • Golden Four (English composition, speech communication, critical thinking and mathematics) passed with a grade "C" or better
  • Students transferring from an out-of-state institution must have completed: 
    • English composition, speech communication, and mathematics passed with a grade "C" or better
  • Students with only foreign college coursework must have completed:
    • Mathematics passed with a grade "C" or high
  • Overall GPA of 2.0 or higher 
  • Bachelor’s degree or comparable credential from an accredited institution
    • Grade Point Average (GPA) of a minimum of 2.5 (A=4.00) in:
      • Either a whole U.S. equivalent baccalaureate degree program.
      • OR in the last 60 semester (90 quarter) units attempted in a U.S. equivalent baccalaureate degree program.
      • OR have already obtained a post-baccalaureate (graduate) degree from a regionally accredited institution (US equivalent master’s degree or higher)
  • English requirement

*Some graduate programs require higher GPA. Check the graduate program specific website for further information.

Don't have English proficiency yet? Apply for Conditional Admissions!

  • Students without English proficiency can submit an application to their academic program of choice and submit a separate application to our Intensive English Program (IEP)
  • Conditionally admitted students will take ESL courses through our Intensive English program to improve their English Proficiency and meet the requirements for full admissions to receive a TOEFL waiver and then start their academic program the following semester.

*More information on conditional admissions, as well as how to apply for conditional admissions, can be found at ALCP.

Priority Application Deadlines
FallOct 1 - Dec 1Oct 1 - Dec 1
SpringAug 1 - Aug 31Aug 1 - Aug 31


Application Deadlines

Outside U.S.

Inside U.S.


*some programs differ, see: DEADLINES.

FallOct 1 - Mar 30Oct 1 - May 1Oct 1 - Apr 30
SpringAug 1 - Oct 1Aug 1 - Nov 1Aug 1 - Oct 31

Connect & Follow us on Social Media!