Citation Appeal

[Get Adobe Acrobat Reader free here]

Parking Citation Appeals

Review (1st Level)

With the Governor's signing of AB 1032, law enforcement agencies statewide can no longer void, cancel, or destroy any parking or traffic citation. Only the issuing officer can request the citation to be rescinded under strict guidelines.

Should a party elect to contest a parking citation, the first step is to initiate an Administrative Review. The party cited has 21 days from the issue date of the citation to initiate a request for an Administrative Review.

**Important: Do not pay the citation should you initiate a citation appeal.

The Administrative Review is a process where the issuing officer and his/her supervisor will review the citation. A determination is returned to the requesting party via mail. After receiving the determination, the cited party has 21 days (from the date of mailing) to escalate the appeal to the next level, an on-campus Administrative Hearing.

Please visit the link below to submit an online citation appeal. You will need your citation or CA vehicle plates to look up your citation and initiate your online appeal. Please note you will be directed to another webpage where you will have the option to pay your citation or initiate the appeal process.

Pay My Cite

If you have any questions please contact our office at 310-243-3725.

Forms are still available at the links below or in our office at SCC-200, completed forms should be returned to Parking Services at SCC-200 between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM or after hours at WH-100.

Hearing (2nd Level)

The cited party will request the Administrative Hearing and post the parking penalty. The hearing officer will contact the requesting party and set-up an appointment for the conference. The hearings are held on campus on the 3rd Wednesday of every month, between the hours of 3pm to 5pm.

After the hearing, the hearing officer will mail the determination to the cited party. The parking penalty will be returned or refunded. If the citation is deemed valid, the parking penalty will be forfeited. Should the cited party still disagree with the hearing officer's determination, they can file suit in small claims court (Compton Judicial Court) (3rd Level)

* parking phone #(310) 243-3725