Frequently Asked Questions

What is the procedure for requesting Facilities Services services?

Complete an online Work Request Form with a detailed description of the services you require and submit it to the Work Control Center. When your work order is authorized, depending on the work to be done, it will either be forwarded to the appropriate Facilities Services trade to perform the work, or sent to a project estimator. 

When is my office scheduled to be cleaned?

Routine public office cleaning is provided twice a week. Routine private office cleaning is provided weekly. Classroom cleaning is provided three times a week. Refer to the Custodial Services page for more information regarding office cleaning.

Who is responsible for unlocking classrooms?

Classrooms are automatically unlocked at 7:30 a.m. and remain unlocked until 10:15 p.m., Monday through Thursday; on Fridays, classrooms are unlocked from 7:30 a.m. until 3:30 p.m. All "smart" classrooms (those with specialized equipment) remain locked when classes are not in session. Please call the University Police at (310) 243-3639 if you need a classroom unlocked.

What is the turnaround time for moves? What are the procedures for moving?

Moves are scheduled on a weekly basis. An online Work Request Form should be submitted at least ten (10) working days in advance of your move. All items to be moved must be clearly marked. Similar items, such as books and papers, should be placed in boxes. Please refer to the Moving Services section of the Custodial Services page for more information.

How do I obtain tables and chairs for an event?

Event planners should submit an online Work Request Form to the Work Control Center for the requested equipment at least ten (10) working days prior to the event. Please refer to the Event Set-Up section of the Custodial Services page for more information.

Can I just leave items that need to be picked up and disposed of in the hallway?

Leaving items in corridors is in violation of building and fire codes. Custodians do not dispose of items other than trash. If you need items removed from your area, an online Work Request Form should be submitted to the Work Control Center.

Who should I contact if there is a bee, rodent, or insect problem in or near my building?

Contact the Work Control Center at (310) 243-3804.

What should I do if the lights are out or if bathroom fixtures are overflowing?

Contact the Work Control Center at (310) 243-3804.

What should I do if my area is too hot or too cold?

If you are experiencing hot or cold temperature problems in your office or area, please contact the Central Plant at extension 2017. If there is no answer, please fill out a Hot/Cold Issue ticket. An email will be sent to Central Plant personnel, who will then examine the problem and follow up with you.

Where is the Central Plant located?

The Central Plant is located just east of the Natural Sciences and Mathematics (NSM) building and north of Lot 7, off of Unity Drive. View the campus map.

Who should I call about recycling?

Call the Facilities Services main number at (310) 243-3804, or visit the Recycling Services page for information.

How long will it take to receive my key(s) once I submit a key request?

Locksmiths typically fill approved key requests within 2-3 days after they are received. An exception would be during the beginning of the Fall semester, when it can take up to 1-2 weeks due to demand.

Where do I get my keys after they are made?

Keys must be picked up at the University Police dispatch office, which is located in Welch Hall, Room B-100. Their office is open 24 hours a day. For more information about the lock shop and key information, please refer to the Lock Shop section of the Building Trades page.

How are work orders classified and prioritized?

To learn how work orders are classified and prioritized, refer to the Work Control Center page and click on Work Order Assignment Types.

Where can I find information about Chargeback Fees & Estimates, Rental & Replacement Costs, and Labor Charges?

Refer to the Work Control Center for information regarding chargeback fees, estimates, and rental and replacement costs. Click here for the current Labor Rates sheet [PDF].

What is Facilities Services doing to “go green” and reduce the environmental impact from its operations?

The CSUDH Office of Sustainability operates out of the Facilities Services department, and consists of a full-time sustainability coordinator and a team of paid student interns who continually support campus-wide sustainability projects and initiatives. For more information on ways the campus is reducing its environmental impact, identifying operational cost savings, and supporting student engagement, visit the Office of Sustainability page.

Office Hours:
Monday - Friday,
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Location: Facilities Services
Map to Building 80 [PDF]

Contact Information
Phone: (310) 243-3804
Fax: (310) 928-7352